Using the quick battle rules and the rest of the proposed supplemental system for RRtK campaigns, within 3 days, I was able to run four wars involving nine nations. The wars in the fall season had 3 battles, 3 siege turns and 2 sea battles.
The system in this one turn also demonstrated lots of strategic options for one side or the other:
– invading nations with allies
– splitting invading forces
– reinforcing besieged cities
– fortifying ports and adding garrisons to forts/castles
– blockading forts/castles
– defenders attempting to evade invaders
– invaders attempting to ambush defenders
– forcing armies to disintegrate under certain conditions
– providing conditions for a nation’s surrender
– rewarding allies
– providing outcomes for an abdicated leader
– providing a safe haven for exiles
The use of these strategic choices follow strict rules in timing and order.
Play testing continues.